Happy new year! Pat and Ross are working on Laurens’s interior still, installing the dash pad and the instrument clusters while they plug up all the wiring, and Tim is going welding in the trunk compartment. He’s preparing to replace the lower rear quarter panel sheet, but there’s some minor welding to be done first.
We started pulling out all of Laurens’s parts and will be sorting them for those that need cleaning and those that are ready to be re-installed as we prep to re-assemble Laurens’s Mustang. Tim also did some grinding on the trunk lid and hood to get out the little bits of rust, then he etch primed it to keep it protected.
Here are some close-up pictures of the condition of Adnan’s interior and trunk space. In those areas, Adnan’s Mustang is in pretty good condition, not a lot of rust and no damage.
Here’s Pat and Tim painting Tom’s floorpans and trunk compartment and gas tank after we’ve already converted any rust we found. The paint will add an extra layer to protect the metal against rust in the future–but it also looks way cool, too! Check out our work:
Tim and Mitch completed the inspection this week. They completely pulled the interior and trunk out to get to the damage. The rust is pretty extensive, but is definitely manageable. We will be sending a project sheet soon, so that you have a better idea of what work we will be doing.