Lot of stuff going on here! We checked out the trunk compartment after we did a lot of grinding to get rid of the surface rust, Big Chief did another water test on the cowl to make sure the seam seal is doing its job, and Savannah cleaned and wrapped the windshields until we get to the re-assembly stage.
Here’s Tim prepping Laurens’s Mustang for the metalwork we’ll be doing over the next couple of days, replacing all the bondo with lead filler! Pat’s also doing some work, but this time around he’s running a water test to see if we need to do anymore fiberglassing on Laurens’s cowl. As you can see, there is some leaking on the passenger’s side, so Pat and the crew have a little more work to do in that area.
Here’s Big Chief and Boss-Dog (that’s Pat, who loves Bosses!) test driving Pat’s Mustang. Big Chief is identifying some tuning that they later completed to help it run better (lifter adjustment, etc), so now it runs even better.
We’ve loaded her up, and now Boss-Dog is running her out to the road, where the transport is waiting.
And here she is, up our driveway and onto the car hauler. Here she comes, Pat!
We’re testing Ian’s cowl here, pouring water through the cowl vents and flooding it out. The first time we had a few leaks, so we re-did the fiberglass repair, and tested it again. The second time, the inside stayed dry (the run lines are actually rust converter that ran while still wet ), so that’s a great thing.