We’re sand-blasting the metal components from Dave’s under-dash, especially his heater-A/C box. Then, we laid out all the parts in our paint booth, and will be priming them as soon as we get some of Cathy’s parts together in order to work with larger batches of parts.
We’ve started doing some minor fiberglass repairs to Dave’s Heater and A/C box. The boxes in the 1967 Mustang models and onward had a box that contained both the heater core and the A/C unit. There are a few cracks and damages to the box, as is very common in Mustangs, but that requires just a little fiberglassing and then it should be in great shape again.
Here we are going extensive work on the heater box, taillights, and light bezels. The heater boxes in these old Mustangs, we’ve found, are often damaged and worn heavily, so we had to do quite a bit of fiberglassing and parts replacement. The taillights and bezels just needed some re-freshening, as they were in great shape.
P-Dog went through the fuse box on Pat’s Mustang and replaced the bad fuses he found, as well as did some general wiring cleanup-work (wrapping exposed wires, replacing bad wire, etc). We also did an undercarriage inspection and took photos of the new headers and brake system. As you can see, its a tight fit with those new headers, but this Mustang’s going to purr!