Ammar decided to have us do some more restoration work on his Mustang to get it in tip-top condition, after we found some rust and damage on the frame and undercarriage. Here are some of our inspection pictures.
Uh-oh! We’ve found a leak! Two actually: in the rear quarter air scoops and in the cowl–the cowl is particularly susceptible to leaking on these old Mustangs, but its nothing we haven’t handled before. Ian and his sons, under Timbo’s supervision, began disassembling the interior to begin the repairs. They have the steering wheel and instrument cluster off now so we can reach up into the cowl to treat and repair the rust and damage. The side scoops simply didn’t have the proper seals, so that shouldn’t be a difficult fix.
Here’s a close-up of the carpetting we purchased for Tom’s kickpanels. It is a very close match, and they’ll look great once we apply them to the kickpanels. Check it out!
Timbo took Tom’s Mustang out to Rob and Sam’s paintshop, Street Rod Garage, to get Tom’s Mustang repainted. We looked at some of their past work (check out that truck!) and are very impressed, we’re confident they can do this job up to our standards. They were trained by their father, so that makes Street Rod Garage a multi-generational family business. While Tim was still there, they sanded away the clear coat to find where the dirt was that contributed most to the paint imperfections, and found that some of it went as deep as the original white paint, so they have quite a bit of sanding to do for this job.
Ian and his sons have been visiting us at our MustangOnlyOne shop and working on Ian’s Bullitt! We just received the parts necessary for Ian’s air conditioning upgrade, so he’ll be installing that under our supervision. Keep an eye out on our progress!
Here are a few more pictures of our tagged and bagged parts off of Biff’s Shelby. We’re working on getting some disassembly photos up ASAP, keep checking back…
Here is a general update on Patrick’s Mustang. We have bent the brake lines for installation, so we had to remove the master cylinder. We’re also beginning to put the interior together temporarily for its ship overseas. Being that we’re getting very close to completion, we’re finding some minor things that need attention that we could not foresee.
These are photos from the inspection day. We also created the project sheet from this work. There are lots of pics, so we had to put them on multiple slideshows!
Wow, check these out! Tim just went into town and picked up Timur’s new rims and installed them on Timur’s Mustang. They sure look great!
Here is another batch of parts we just received from Mustangs Unlimited for Patrick’s Mustang, including some components for the steering wheel that weren’t there to begin with (hence the horn not working) or were in bad condition. We also got in the mounting bracket for the windshield washer bag, so we can mount that up properly as well.